Kevin Smith’s Daughter Describes How She Was Almost Kidnapped By Fake Uber

Most of us know writer, director and actor, Kevin Smith, for portraying Silent Bob in several of our favourite teen movies, but it seems nobody can remain silent about his beautiful daughter, Harley Quinn.(Yes, her name is literally Harley Quinn, named after the Harley Quinn.)

Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 17.59.24


Harley’s career in showbiz is just starting to take off, at the 16-year-old stars alongside Lily-Rose Depp in her dad’s new film, Yoga Hosers. However, a recent encounter has left the teen star terrified, after two men pretending to be from the taxi company, Uber, tried to convince her to get in their car.


In an attempt to warn others, Harley took to her Instagram account to recall her ordeal, and alert everyone to the dangers of illegal minicabs;


“PEOPLE OF LOS ANGELES- I was just standing outside a Starbucks in Brentwood, where I was waiting for my uber when a large, beige car drove up to me and tried to get me to think they were my uber. There were two white men (age 20-30) in the driver (blonde hair) and passenger (brown hair) seat with an uber sign on their front window, but they were most definitely not uber drivers.


When I asked who they were there to pick up, making sure it was the right car, they wouldn’t answer me and said to get in the car. They didn’t have the uber app on their phone and were clearly just two disgusting dudes trying to kidnap a girl standing on her own. Protect yourself and never ever get in a car without checking that it’s the correct car first!!! I was in too much haze of fear that I wasn’t thinking straight enough to think to take a picture of the drivers or the license plate, but if you see a car like this PLEASE report it to the police and stop them from trying to pray on other young girls!!! We have already reported it to the police, but more information would be helpful in finding them. Be careful and look out for yourself/others!!!!”


Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 17.59.48


Although Harley came to no physical harm, it very easily could have developed into a very serious situation, and it is a superb reminder that everyone – male or female – should triple check any taxi they’re about to jump into.

In response to his daughter’s close encounter with the creepy kind, Kevin Smith gifted her with this cupcake, which she said has restored her faith in humanity;


Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 18.00.23


“Just when I was about to lose faith in humanity after almost being kidnapped today, my dad got me this cake and made me remember that some people, like himself, make the world a lot better :)”


Then again, I think cake would make me get over any bad experience.


And just a word of warning to any other 16-year-old girls, men do indeed suck.


Father/daughter relationships are a special bond, and to celebrate it, here are 19 dads that got pretty makeovers from their young daughters.


Disqus
Comments :